Saturday, March 22, 2008

Boredness in my room

Have any of you know the meaning of boredome? Try to stuck inside a room for a day. Without talking to anyone for a day and only face the textbooks for study purpose. THAT my friend, it is call ultimate craziness.

For the whole day, I just study my japanese language while watching the rain falls outside the window. It is not a pretty sight plus, it increases the blues in my feeling.

Stuck one day in my room, helps me realized how Japanese feels about their house. Sometimes when I go out with Japanese friends here, I heard something about they doesn't like to stay in their room. They rather spend their time outside with colleagues or friends in bar drinking or go to do some gambling, Pachinko and stuff. Well, it is neither related to money saving or like to stay outside. It is about facing the four wall all the time when reach back home.

Have you felt helplessness and loneliness before? The feeling of loneliness and helplessness starts creeping into you when you are all alone in a room, or facing the four walls without anyone to talk to you and help you solve your boredness.

Staying in Japan really is a challenge for me. No matter when I am outside or inside the room. There is always new things to learn. Now I learn that I must face my own feeling myself. Learned that life is not always noisy and fun. Most of the time is about ourselves. Everyone sometimes have to face the war between our inner self and outer self.

Luckily I have God to be friends with me. No matter how long time past, Friends would leave me. Family would leave me. But God would always be at my side. Helping me to grow and give me encouragements. Felt that I am so lucky to be alive and always have God stay in my heart.

These days, when stay in Japan, such a lonely country. Makes me realized that I need friends more. Not onlt it helps me appreciate my friends more. It also helps me to appreciate my family even more.

The longer I stay in Japan, I realized that Japan itself is a developing country. It is the people. These people, they like to learn. They like to see new ideas and experience new things. Therefore, this country keeps growing. Regardless of their non-generous attitude, this country really unique compare to others. People keep on learning, and they keep on growing in mentally and physically.

Overall, I am impressed with the people here. But one thing I have regrets over this country. It lacks of religion concept. It is true that the bible said. The more advance one country become, the worst their religion concept become. Maybe because the busy factor and the independent factor. Makes everyone feels that they must depend on themselves in order to survive in one world.

Anw, thats all I have to say. Japan is a great country. Hope whoever have the heart to come to Japan, be prepare for one BIG culture shock. And this country really needs gospel. Whoever have the heart to spread gospel in Japan, please come. It would be great to see salvation in Japan.

God bless.

1 comment:

Hau Wei said...

Hey bro! Not so thrilled to hear about how you're doing in Japan but am definitely praying for you and want to encourage how well you're just sticking it through with God! He never forsakes you nor leaves you and I'm very sure He's bringing you to new levels of maturity and dependency on Him and that's all He needs!

Just a verse I saw today:

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." - James 1:12

Pray that would bless you and encourage you. Hope to catch you soon one day!

p/s: btw, this is my last day of my Internet fast but just felt I had to check out your blog. ;) Glad I did!